Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 27 14th May 2011

I packed my bags for what I thought was the last time and loaded it all up in the car… The San Siro tour was not to eventuate but well here is another reason to come to Milan…and decided time to go shopping…

The shopping was 50-50 success…As I had forgotten the PIN for my card, I couldn’t use it and that meant purchases had to be made in cash only, which I only had AUD & Sterling and the exchange rates were horrendously low…so luckily I bought all the kiddies gifts and had 100 euro set aside for last minute emergencies…So out of four weeks of travel I got myself a bracelet with the flags of the countries I have visited with the promise I would add to it every year and that I will one day ensure that all of my three boys get to fill their own bracelets before 30…

I still loved the shopping in Milan and decided if nothing else I will buy me those things I want albeit this time from the NYC when I am there at the end of the year.

For now I bought the gifts I wanted to and duty free the outstanding items…Also, thought of buying a nice camera to get back into a long lost hobby that I had forgotten about…I think my physical training for marathons and the likes will probably come to an end in the not too distant future and will probably decide that I will need to be kind to my body and do photography and that French patisserie classes that I always wanted to do.

By 4 pm I had my last pizza and decided to head to the airport early (a very wise move).

I think at this point I conclude my European adventure 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment