Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 24 11th May 2011

After last night’s adventure, I was well and truly rooted and not looking forward to a cross-country trek by any stretch of any imagination, least of all mine. The trek was from Cinque Terre to Venice (370 kms to be precise)…but I was going to anyway…
I started the morning with brekky and a walk on the beach and a few more snaps and then was on my way.

I think what I am doing is crazy and I promised myself I will have a break somewhere soon, but for now gotta hit the road Jack.

Even with all the sleep the trek is a hard one and it takes me a while to get across the country albeit that total trip is less what I drove last night alone…I think I am also getting worn out by all the driving and my old age is clearly showing through…I am no longer in my teens or twenties, hell I am in my twilight 30’s and I need to slow down. Slow down is not what I do best so I persisted on the road to points of exhaustion and then pull over in a rest area…sleep and wake and keep going. Now here is something for fellow travellers, blog readers who intend to travel to Venice…The GPS is rooted…so unless you have one of those James Bond aqua cars leave the car on the west side before crossing the bridge…There is a car park and a bus stop across the road that will take you to the Piazzo Roma where you can walk or get a ferry to be in Venice…Which the stupid GPS did not advise…Mental note for the next trip anywhere…Read up and learn.
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/italy/venice


Now I am not sure if its because I am beyond exhaustion but I decided that I am over hostels and picked the Rialto Hotel which is a nice Hotel right in the heart of Venice to stay…I didn’t pay full fare so I got the cubby house room but it was clean and tidy with a good bed and I needed sleep.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187870-d205795-Reviews-Hotel_Rialto_Venezia-Venice_Veneto.html


I think I probably tipped going in and out of that hotel the fee of a Hostel room not to mention I probably paid 5 times the price of the room for my little room…But if I had any doubt about whether the best room in a Hostel or the worst room in a Hotel…well they are about the same actually…except the worst room in a Hotel will still provide you with comforts and I didn’t realise that till the next day.

I slept for four hours, woke up showered and decided to go walkies in town.
Venice is a beautiful city but its not Florence and somewhere the canals really stink…I should’ve explored more but I am just getting through seeing the sites and now I am just getting over playing tourist and took a few snaps and my favourite was just walking in circles at a point to a dead end and seeing th building Campiello Michiel (my bestie name is Michelle Campbell) so it was kind of cool.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150181229425983&set=a.10150177860395983.303234.615980982&type=1&theater

Had dinner about midnight and Pizza & Ice cream diet with little running training is ruining my training and will have to now get back in the gym when I get back.
I slept and early woke to walk again but not before I got a five star start with breakfast…Oh how I missed that ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment