Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 13 30th April 2011

To the superstitious out there, rest assured day 13 was a very lucky day… the most strenuous thing I did today was a walk through the local produce market and it was endless joy…didn’t even take the camera out…Had a first home cooked meal in awhile (make that along while) I don’t believe I have laughed so hard in a long time and it was just a nice simple day…no site seeing, no cameras and just great company…One think to note that in Spain in general I am feeling like a giant and at 5”7 I was on par with the “tall” locals…yes it was bizarre and Ms Lee if you are reading this at any time no comments please ;-)

http://www.mallorcaweb.com/reports/fairs-and-markets/

Dinner was so many people but I will try to remember all the nationalities…(no I won’t bother with all the names, as I don’t believe I would get half of them right…

So we had Spaniards (7), Italians (2), Argentinians (2), Peruvian (1), French (2), a Mexican (1)? Oh and the honorary Single Majorcan (1). Ah and me flying the green and gold (1) THAT’S 17 people in a single room that is no bigger that my current hotel room… I can assure you I have not experienced such a gathering for a long, long time where people got along and it was warm and inviting and so it was a very great night that ended at 4:00 am after we literally had to kick people out as I have a flight to get up for in 4 hours.

People helped in cooking, in cleaning, in washing, in ensuring glasses (and bellies) were full…I want to at least instil this simple life in my boys at a minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment