Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 21 8th May 2011

Woke up in a full room…don’t recall if it was that way when I entered last night but there were four full beds…I had only met the grump the day before, now I also have Alex (Canadian/English/Italian) who is also heading to Melbourne and Paula who is currently residing in Dublin from Brazil and she is studying to be a naturopath.

After last night I thought bugger this I will head out on my own…so it was a quick hello and moving on… It is mother’s day today, so I called me mum and funnily enough this is the first mothers day in 5 years that I don’t have the boys…I spoke to IJ & MM but couldn’t get through to Nan to speak to Zachy… had a little tear but in a week I will be home.

Got dressed and went to brekky and sat with Alex, and Paula and what do you know we decided we will go and check the sites out…starting with the Vatican…which incidentally the museum is closed on Sunday…those Catholics welcome to the 21st century open 7 days ;-)

No matter mass was on and the pope wasn’t there but to the rest that didn’t matter, banners were flying high and the cheering non stop and the heathens continued to shoot photos. It’s hard not to be consumed by religious frenzy when you are in a place like this.

Loads of photos and then we started proceeding to the next site and the next site and I have to say Alex & Paula moved with ease and we just kept going from one site to the next and its probably different walking in the day than at night but we walked for 5 plus hours and it was grand we had time to shop, make phone calls and take many snaps. We didn’t make it back to the Colosseum but I thought I would do that tomorrow after my booked Vatican tour.

We did get a little lost but thankfully Alex and Paula got us back to the car and we ran into Joao and Pedro from last night so we were going to head back to the hostel. As soon as we got in the car and attempted to turn the Sat Nav it all went dead and our phones were flat and it was hilarious to be sitting in the car hopeless not knowing what direction…Paula had given Joao and Pedro a hard time telling them they jinxed us (I don’t think it was them) I think the lighter fuse had been overloaded and that was it… We made it to the Hostel with Alex navigating on his iPhone and all in all a good day.

New room mates with Alex moving out and two other Brazilians moving in…except they looked German or Swedes and the were of German ancestory and both were studying in Germany (one was working on a 3-D printing machine which sounded amazing but we never finished the conversation as everyone was in a rush to get to Dinner…incidentally dinner was pizza dough and that was basically it…I decided to skip it…my stomach complained and rather went to the corner shop and bought Pizza…

For the evening we decided we would go clubbing or see what the hell night life is there…we mad it to the clubs district and there was one club that had the same beef jerkies standing outside letting the women in and making the blokes wait and then their mates or those showing bills to em in… If there is Karma in the next life these poof heads will be turned into mice for the next life… needless to say Paula went in easily and us four blokes stood out there…Needless to say my patience wears thin for that shit and we moved on next door to a place called Musica…They had a band playing live (their name is the Camomile Factory) they gave us their CD after whooping our arses in foosball (that was the highlight of the night) and not to be too harsh but they sounded awful and I am yet to listen to their CD but hope it sounds better.

Was yacking away to the bar girl who has a friend in Australia that wanted to stay in Oz and “she just got married”…wow…bride visas in Oz…SCARY…
The trip back to the hostel was as eventful as trying to get a cab in Sydney at 3:00 am during X-mas…scum bag cabbies wanted to charge you more to get you there and even then they didn’t drop you off where you wanted them to… we got there and it was another night.

No comments:

Post a Comment