Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 11 28th April 2011

Started the day about 8:30 and I am way too relaxed after a night of Shenanigans and lots of drinks. Breakfast was simple but nice…The place I am staying is definitely an experience and the people staying are also nice and sweet…older crowd which is grand.
http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/index_idiomes.html


One of the couples I met this morning (I forgot their names Sorry) They are from England somewhere south and they were talking about their grandchildren…One of their daughters is married to a Welshman and lives for the Rugby daughter 10 and son 9 and the kids favourite activities are playing Rugby…I am so jealous and am more adamant to feature more in my boys lives perhaps I can influence it more…The funny tale was however how another daughter lives in the US and her kids (boy and a girl) but the description I the daughter is great, the son is the “Son of Satan” quite funny how they described it but allegedly, the mother was arguing with the boy to have a timeout and was marching him to his room when the boy suddenly slammed the door and cut off her finger off. Okay I concur with a fitting name…it made me super grateful that my boys are okay and I can deal with that.

Other older couple (the gentleman actually live in Point Piper at some time ago) had advised that the Chocolate Museum is well worth the visit…
http://www.pastisseria.com/en/PortadaMuseu

I had wondered aimlessly viewing the world through my lens once again…but after the umpteenth shot of the Cathedral I remembered something I read once and decided to just sit down and enjoy the view and take shots sparingly. I have to say it’s a much better experience, and I believe the memory lasts longer than photos I won’t look at probably ever again.

As I just walked at a much slowed pace I was attracted to a quadrilateral where it seemed that there were drama classes being rehearsed with many impromptu performance and gosh it was refreshing to watch and these kids (yes, I am feeling old when I am talking about young adults in their 20s and calling them kids.) after watching for 20 minutes I started walking again and then asked about the Chocolate museum only to discover it was in the same building as that quadrant that I seen the performance about an hour earlier…so I trekked back and had the most amazing chocolate ever…70% cocoa and ok it was so nice that I had to take more photos…

I think if I ever had a calling…this place was it, I would love to come back and spend six months just to be an apprentice chocolatier…it may never be too late to get out of the rat race…

I walked and walked and walked all over town…just slowly and at ease with the world, it felt superb and especially that I had nowhere to be or a place to be at…Loved it and for those wanting to travel…this is the way to do it… but, experience it as you wish.

http://www.barcelonaturisme.com/

I returned to the Hostel and faffed around for a while…I was then advised that the car had not been repaired in time and that if possible they need more time. At that point I decided to take up Angela’s offer and head to Majorca…Booked the flights organised my lifts to the airport and it was settled...I would head to Majorca next day and spend two nights there.

I stayed in my room just reading and uploading a few more wedding photos and even managed a siesta…In the evening I had massage booked and after all the walking I really needed it. After the massage I went out to a local for dinner and it was the Obama British Africa…if they added Kangaroo Rio Noodles to the name
They would have covered a mark from all the six continents maybe I should have suggested that.

And that was about as much activity I was up for…no visits to the Benerabu or the Olympic stadium and I got more rest when I got to my room and packed a bag for the trip…

No comments:

Post a Comment