Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 15 2nd May 2011

Well, all I can say is the trip from here on in will be a life changing experience… More on that later but I am writing this really knowing what has happened already so bear with me for a moment as I relay my tale…por favore ;-)

Ok I was all gung ho when I started this next leg and I am Granada bound…I have heard a fair bit about Granada and have to say that I go there with both anticipation and apprehension and both are exciting propositions.

http://www.google.com/search?q=granada+spain&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&prmd=ivnsm&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ByDOTdavMo6d-wbg4onrCQ&ved=0CEgQsAQ&biw=1276&bih=621


You can imagine my surprise that it was raining all the way west and all the time I spent today as well…I don’t mean drizzle either, its constant downpour… “The rain in Spain…fell on the plain and was a bloody pain” I am not one to dampen my spirit so I drove as swiftly as I could and as safely as I could…and when I got to Grenada decided to stay near Alhambra and get the hell out as soon as I can after the tour tomorrow…

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&nfpr=1&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=PiDOTYa9IcyCswbO_dmmCw&ved=0CDgQBSgA&q=granada+spain+Arabeluj&spell=1&biw=1276&bih=621

As fate would have it…I stayed in a lovely place called Arabeluj??? Nice and beautiful and shame about the weather…I picked a big room with a terrace and with all the rain and the 500 odd Kms that I trekked to get here…I even ordered a massage… NO, a deep tissue massage… for the Aussies out there and hell maybe others will agree… but massages are meant to help you loosen up and relax and hell maybe even get a few knots out of your joints…well, if that’s your expectation…don’t bother in Spain ☺ don’t get me wrong its not bad…but it ain’t worth the $$$ either…

After the lame massage decided to brave the weather and hit the town to see what’s there…it was the feast of the cross and a few churches had put in allot of effort and shame on the weather…I walked and walked and snapped as many photos as I could tolerate in the rain…but after 2 hours and numerous shots I was properly lost and went into a few bars and to my astonishment they were horrendous and dirty and sleazy… and did I mention scary…still by the third one decided I need food and had some tapas (which I looked at the food passing by me at the bar and pointed to what I thought was good) it was the cheapest meal I had ever had…along with two beers its was about 6 euro. So decided to spend the money saved on the meal by getting a cab back to the hotel… as I was a drowned rat.


No comments:

Post a Comment