Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 17 4th May 2011

Seville Bound, and my first passengers meet Mandy & Janice from USA… Mandy & Janie are work colleagues and travel companions, Mandy married, Janice studying and as travel partners well, I think it works…they are having their own European Adventure.

So we decided to head-out early (ok, truth is , I decided because I figured my schedule is out of whack with the Majorca unscheduled stopover) The morning started with a lesson…Janice thought she left her IPhone charger so just as we cleared Granada tight alleys we had to come back…Oh and after that she hadn’t forgotten it, it was in her bag…Well we could’ve left later but no matter…Janice was on first strike :P

The drive was great we stopped over a few times and managed to get lunch in a sweet town in the middle of nowhere and the girls survived me clicking on 200 km/h without complaints…that was good. We learnt a bit more about each other as you do on a road trip and I think we will be friends for a while…along the travels it was somehow decided that I will stay t the Hostel if I can find a park…well, I found a park (The fact is I made my own parking on the footpath and apparently it works)

In the Hostel, I get a room to share with 5 others but there is only one “Abrish” from Manchester and he is cool…he tells us that he is heading to watch a bull fight and randomly we agree we will too…we all get dressed, hop in a cab and heading for our bull fight…yay… well ok other than we only lasted to watch two out of 6 bulls being slain it was something to tick in the box and move on….The atmosphere is electric and people are all dressed up and its just and amazing town. We walked out and walked along the promenade and it really is a beautiful city… a few more photo opportunities (the start of many) and then we get a cab back after allot of walking so we can get ready for dinner and heading out. When we get back to the Hotel, M & J have a new roomy, Martin from San Fran a cool guy, and extremely eccentric to say the least… He is speaking Spanish well to the lame (such as myself) my first impression was he is speaking Spanish, later on I figure he knows a little Spanish and by the measure of all of us, he might as well speak for all of us…

We headed out for dinner and there was a pub crawl organised by the Hostel and after much deliberations we declined it and tried our own…We were informed that Seville is a lively town, but by what we have seen this night…not very lively, Inmus had told me about this great Flamenco Festival but we have seen no signs of it at all…

Meanwhile my hostel dramas were unfolding…early during the day someone decide dto move my stuff from the allocated bed (Yes, I felt like a prisoner being allocated a cell and a bed) no matter, so I took the next bed…when we came back at 2 am…I see a little angry Korean chap who is waving his ticket at me and telling me how he moved my stuff to the floor because I was in his bed…oh, by that stage I see red, I see red, I see red…

Thankfully the ladies are calmer and Martin is drunk and loud and we decided that there was a mattress underneath their bunks and that I can sleep on the floor…to be honest I just wanted to leave and decided there is no way I am going to do this ever again…the mattress was dusty and I think that would have contributed to Janice’s allergy going haywire…By now I just can’t wait till the morning to get the hell out of Seville sworn off all Hostels for life as the “Hostel experience was Hostile”

No comments:

Post a Comment