Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 14 1st May 2011

Jeez already May…. Oh well, all good things must come to an end…And sadly, at 8:00 am I was awake and so were Angela, Inmus and Eva for the Trek to the airport…I was being talked into staying the day and Barbara bf even promised a day canoeing but alas, two reasons I had to leave, in the back of my mind is a long, long, long drive to Lisbon and being surrounded by so many beautiful women is not a good thing for me…They tell me that temptation is very hard to resist and they were all amazing…so as sad as it was…I left Majorca for Barcelona to start another journey south…to Valencia.

So picked the car up and went back to the Hotel picked my bag and yadda yadda yadda…started driving…lets say that I have new renowned confidence in my ability to drive on the right side of the road and thank god fr GPS… I probably shouldn’t have remembered my lead foot but at 220 km/hr it was fabulous and the roads were good enough so the 300 miles started off well and even managed to take a breezer and stopped once for Red-bull (I was knackered after 2 nights of mayhem) and another for lunch at Orepsa…I can really live here…well maybe I will do what the poms do and retire in the Mediterranean or is Spain technically in the Atlantic…whatever…

http://www.aboutvalencia.com/

Finally got to Valencia, and just drove around town til I got parking and used the GPS and found a hotel across the road…it was very nice actually…Jardin Botanico
No the photo on FB was not my room…

To be honest I was exhausted and spent the afternoon just uploading photos and managed a spa bath and that was it…Woke up from my siesta at 11 and wasn’t sure I would get food. It turns out my hotel is right near the main touristy street in the “Old City” and all restaurants were open…I was in my shorts and T-shirt and it was getting cool. However, I was glad by my attire as no one wanted to drag me into the bars and none of the street vendors wanted to talk to me as I probably looked like a hobo…woo hoo…One disadvantage the restaurant I picked had poor service and poor food…it was busy and looked like it had lots of locals and the food looked good but tasted average.
Went back to the hotel as it was getting late and the locals seemed a little rough.

The sleep at night was mostly interrupted because I left the TV on and oh Osama is dead…hoppty do da

No comments:

Post a Comment